The Advancement Services & Operations department provides the backbone of University Advancement’s operation. In addition to the overall finance, administration and operations function, the Advancement Services & Operations team also oversees donor database management; reporting; gift and biographical records management; and gift processing and accounting in accordance with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB)/the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
Additional functions include staff training and development, IT support, departmental budgeting, internal communications and personnel management.
Key Duties of the Advancement Services & Operations Staff
As part of their responsibilities, Advancement Services & Operations staff are routinely called upon to:
- Facilitate fundraising, gift processing, constituent tracking, relationship management, and fund management
- Provide the essential infrastructure of the Advancement enterprise
- Position their front-line colleagues (development officers, alumni officers, and others) for success in relationships with donors, potential donors, volunteers, and other supporters
- Minimize risks that management incurs by accurately recording and reporting fundraising information and by securely managing sensitive data
- Understand, explain and apply all regulations and guidelines governing fundraising, gift processing and gift accounting (IRS, CASE, FASB/GASB, etc.)
- Stay current with trends in philanthropy and with the technical developments that apply to the field of Advancement Services, and communicate and lead the Division in applying these developments
- Develop and manage the Division budget
- Oversee the HR and operations functions of the Division
- Interface with individuals within and outside the Division on all non-programmatic functions related to finance, operations, IT, HR, and facilities